Summer Vacation Checklist!
We are now in prime summer vacation season! Before you joyously leave your home-life for vacation-life make sure to do these actions to ensure your home isn’t throwing away energy while you are gone.
- Up Your Temperature: Set your thermostat to higher temperature while you are away. Your furniture feels great at any temperature!
- Stop Phantom loads: Make sure any appliance with a remote or light is unplugged or the power strip turned off.
- Use an Energy Saving Light: If you would like a light to be on for safety, use a CFL or LED and put it on a timer so it isn’t on 24/7.
- Close the blinds: This will help to avoid unnecessary solar gain.
- Have a great, worry free vacation!