Top 5 Actions of January 2013
The pledges have spoken! Here are the top 5 most popular actions of January 2013.
5. Wash ’em Cold: About 90% of your washing machines energy is used to heat the water. Choose to wash just your clothes in cold water to clean your clothes with reduced energy use.
4. Get on the Bus: Take the bus just once a week for work, school or errands. Save gas and money all while relaxing on your commute.
3. Two Degrees of Savings: Heat: No need to shiver just to save money on your heating bill. Turn your heat down by just 2 degrees for the winter and save about $50 over the year and stay comfortable.
2. Five is Just Fine: This one is not as easy as it sounds- but I promise you can do it! Get a shower timer and become a pro at taking 5 minute showers!
1. Flip the Switch: By far the most popular action. Reduce phantom load by switching off the lights when you leave a room and unplugging electronics when they are not in use.