Top Blog Posts of 2011
As the year draws to an end, it’s prime list time. So, without further ado, here are the top five posts on the Energy Challenge blog in 2011!
- “Is there really going to be a ban on incandescent light bulbs?” (Posted January 14, 2011) This post was read over 3,000 times this year – an average of 9 times a day! And if you’re wondering, the short answer is NO.
- “Wasted, Wasted Energy” (Posted April 7, 2008) This is an oldie, but a goodie about an interesting article from the New York Times on how much energy is wasted before it ever reaches our homes or businesses.
- “Driving the Speed Limit: Way Cooler Than You Imagined” (Posted March 27, 2008) It ain’t the most glamorous energy saving activity, but driving 55 on the freeway can save you a nice chunk of change – not to mention make our roadways safer.
- “Should I use a whole home humidifier?” (Posted November 5, 2010) With winter comes the perpetual problem of dry skin – but adding moisture to your home can have disastrous results if you do it wrong!
- “Free CFL recycling at ALL Menards Stores!” (Posted June 9, 2008) Compact fluorescent light bulbs, or CFLs, can now be recycled for free at most hardware and big box stores, including Menards, Home Depot, Lowes and many local Ace Hardware stores.