Skip to content

Energy Crisis?

7 January 2010

Yesterday I got a scary phone call – an elderly woman’s furnace had stopped working and with her low income, she wasn’t sure how she was supposed to get money to restore heat to her house.  Luckily, there is a program in Minnesota for such emergencies!  The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) exists to help households with low incomes and heating emergencies, and can help pay bills, advocate with energy supplies on behalf of homeowners and help with emergency repair or replacement – for both homeowners AND renters.  In order to qualify for EAP your household must be at or below 50% of the state median income.  For a single person, that would be a maximum gross income of $5,423 for three months, or $10,430 for three months for a family of four.

Visit the Office of Energy Security for an application and detailed information on applying for EAP.  Stay warm!

:: Minnesota Department of Commerce

EDIT:  Here’s another good resource during our long, cold, hard Minnesota winter – Stay Warm Minnesota.

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: